Friday, March 30, 2012

reporting services and msde

hi,
I've a question: Can I use the Reporting Services with MSDE?
Where Can I find the prices of "Reporting Services"?
Thanks
Can I use the Reporting Services with MSDE
-Yes, but only as a source. Reporting Service need an SE or EE Edition for
productional enviroment. For developing DE would be enough.
Where Can I find the prices of "Reporting Services"?
-Prices can be "queried" :-) from your software distributor, depends on your
licencing contract with MS.
-Licensing can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/howtobuy/faq.asp
HTH, Jens Smeyer
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"Roberta" <roby77@.tiscali.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:eBUsjTfQFHA.3140@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> hi,
> I've a question: Can I use the Reporting Services with MSDE?
> Where Can I find the prices of "Reporting Services"?
> Thanks
>
|||I've a .NET web application that uses MSDE...
I would like to use Reporting Services...
What solution Can I use ? ... if I can't to use Reporting Services
|||-Third party
-Free stuff http://sourceforge.net/projects/sharppdf/ (didnt try it out)
Tell me your experience with that if you choose that.
-best Choice: get a Reporting Server SE/EE ;-)
HTH, Jens Smeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"Roberta" <roby77@.tiscali.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:%23DaIkJhQFHA.812@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I've a .NET web application that uses MSDE...
> I would like to use Reporting Services...
> What solution Can I use ? ... if I can't to use Reporting Services
>
|||I must to use MSDE
and I would like to know a solution for generate reports with
subtotals/totals/... from MSDE query and stored procedure... Can you help
me? What Can I use?
Thanks thanks thanks
|||Hi Roberta,
Currently you need to use something like ActiveReports
(www.DataDynamics.com) but if you are ok to use SQL Server Express, you'll
be able to use new reporting controls in VS.NET 2005.
HTH,
Greg Low [MVP]
MSDE Manager SQL Tools
www.whitebearconsulting.com
"Roberta" <roby77@.tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:%23qA0U5uQFHA.1528@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I must to use MSDE
> and I would like to know a solution for generate reports with
> subtotals/totals/... from MSDE query and stored procedure... Can you
> help
> me? What Can I use?
> Thanks thanks thanks
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment