Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services and FXCop

When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not in
my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do about
these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the reference?
--
Brendan Reynoldswell, in the target you can expand and exlude certain assemblies/namespaces.
It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.
What version are you using? Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?
Karl
--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://openmymind.net/redirector.aspx?documentId=51 - Learn about AJAX!
"Brendan Reynolds" <brenreyn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OzV9%239p7FHA.1032@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
> services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not in
> my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do
> about these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the reference?
> --
> Brendan Reynolds
>
>|||"Karl Seguin" <karl REMOVE @. REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME net>
wrote in message news:eVoqesq7FHA.3388@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain
> assemblies/namespaces.
Ah! Got it, thanks! :-)
That solved the problem for me, but if you're still curious here are the
answers to your questions ...
> It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.
Just the web reference, not other references.
> What version are you using?
1.32
> Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?
Yes.
> "Brendan Reynolds" <brenreyn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:OzV9%239p7FHA.1032@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
>> services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not
>> in my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do
>> about these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the
>> reference?
>> --
>> Brendan Reynolds
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment