Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 on a separate server

I recently installed an instance of SQL Server 2005 on a server that didn't have IIS. I received an error notification in the install logs that some components of SQL Server would not work. This lead me to wonder if Reporting Services 2005 truly can be installed on a separate server and run efficiently, so I pose the question to anyone out there who has had success doing so. Does IIS need to be installed on a server running an instance of SQL Server 2005 even if Reporting Services is not installed and is intended to be installed on a separate server? Any installation recommendations in installing RS 2005 on a separate server?Hi, some short answers, I hope they are suffiecient to your questions:

RS needs IIS to run. SQL Server 2005 does not.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment