Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 WMI documentation inccorect?

I have SQL Server 2005 + Reporting Services 2005 installed on a machine. I've
implemented Custom Forms Security Extension. When I run the code below I get
a WMI Exception "Not Found"? I think maybe I have the namespace or class name
wrong... The documentation has both "MSReportManager_ConfigurationSetting"
and "MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting" but neither seem to
work. The only WMI class that works properly is "MSReportServer_Instance".
What am I doing wrong?
________________________________________________________
Nuno Pereira
ManagementScope scope = new
ManagementScope(@."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\v9");
scope.Connect();
ManagementPath path = new
ManagementPath("MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting");
ObjectGetOptions options = new ObjectGetOptions();
ManagementClass serverClass = new ManagementClass(scope, path, options);
serverClass.Get(); // throws a "Not Found" error...
________________________________________________________________I am now encountering a similar problem as you. I am looking into the sample
provided by MS on Using Forms Authentication in Reporting Services (this is
in SQL2K) and trying to replicate it using SQL 2005 and VS2005.
But I have problems accessing the PathName property of
MSReportServer_ConfigurationSetting, which i need to point to the installed
path for the Report Server. Can any one help to explain more on this area?
Thanks for any assistance.
"Nuno" wrote:
> I have SQL Server 2005 + Reporting Services 2005 installed on a machine. I've
> implemented Custom Forms Security Extension. When I run the code below I get
> a WMI Exception "Not Found"? I think maybe I have the namespace or class name
> wrong... The documentation has both "MSReportManager_ConfigurationSetting"
> and "MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting" but neither seem to
> work. The only WMI class that works properly is "MSReportServer_Instance".
> What am I doing wrong?
> ________________________________________________________
> Nuno Pereira
> ManagementScope scope = new
> ManagementScope(@."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\v9");
> scope.Connect();
> ManagementPath path = new
> ManagementPath("MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting");
> ObjectGetOptions options = new ObjectGetOptions();
> ManagementClass serverClass = new ManagementClass(scope, path, options);
> serverClass.Get(); // throws a "Not Found" error...
> ________________________________________________________________
>
>|||I am also encountering similar problems trying to retrieve the RS Web Service
from the following constants in Utils.cs provided in the RS 2000 Forms
Authentication example:
// WMI constants
const string WmiNamespace =@."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportingServices\v8";
const string WmiRSClass = @."MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting";
I've had to hardcode the Web Service URL (server.Url = "https://<server
name>/reportserver/reportservice.asmx";) in my UILogon.aspx.cs file to make
it work but this obviously isn't a solution since we have multiple test and
production enviornments.
"ice" wrote:
> I am now encountering a similar problem as you. I am looking into the sample
> provided by MS on Using Forms Authentication in Reporting Services (this is
> in SQL2K) and trying to replicate it using SQL 2005 and VS2005.
> But I have problems accessing the PathName property of
> MSReportServer_ConfigurationSetting, which i need to point to the installed
> path for the Report Server. Can any one help to explain more on this area?
> Thanks for any assistance.
> "Nuno" wrote:
> > I have SQL Server 2005 + Reporting Services 2005 installed on a machine. I've
> > implemented Custom Forms Security Extension. When I run the code below I get
> > a WMI Exception "Not Found"? I think maybe I have the namespace or class name
> > wrong... The documentation has both "MSReportManager_ConfigurationSetting"
> > and "MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting" but neither seem to
> > work. The only WMI class that works properly is "MSReportServer_Instance".
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > ________________________________________________________
> >
> > Nuno Pereira
> > ManagementScope scope = new
> > ManagementScope(@."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\v9");
> >
> > scope.Connect();
> >
> > ManagementPath path = new
> > ManagementPath("MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting");
> > ObjectGetOptions options = new ObjectGetOptions();
> > ManagementClass serverClass = new ManagementClass(scope, path, options);
> >
> > serverClass.Get(); // throws a "Not Found" error...
> > ________________________________________________________________
> >
> >
> >|||Is anybody from Microsoft listening? What's the answer to this question? What
are the equivalent constants for RS 2005 that were documented in the RS 2000
security extension example?
// RS 2000 Code
// WMI constants
const string WmiNamespace = @."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportingServices\v8";
const string WmiRSClass = @."MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting";
"JSI" wrote:
> I am also encountering similar problems trying to retrieve the RS Web Service
> from the following constants in Utils.cs provided in the RS 2000 Forms
> Authentication example:
> // WMI constants
> const string WmiNamespace => @."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportingServices\v8";
> const string WmiRSClass = @."MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting";
> I've had to hardcode the Web Service URL (server.Url = "https://<server
> name>/reportserver/reportservice.asmx";) in my UILogon.aspx.cs file to make
> it work but this obviously isn't a solution since we have multiple test and
> production enviornments.
> "ice" wrote:
> > I am now encountering a similar problem as you. I am looking into the sample
> > provided by MS on Using Forms Authentication in Reporting Services (this is
> > in SQL2K) and trying to replicate it using SQL 2005 and VS2005.
> >
> > But I have problems accessing the PathName property of
> > MSReportServer_ConfigurationSetting, which i need to point to the installed
> > path for the Report Server. Can any one help to explain more on this area?
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance.
> >
> > "Nuno" wrote:
> >
> > > I have SQL Server 2005 + Reporting Services 2005 installed on a machine. I've
> > > implemented Custom Forms Security Extension. When I run the code below I get
> > > a WMI Exception "Not Found"? I think maybe I have the namespace or class name
> > > wrong... The documentation has both "MSReportManager_ConfigurationSetting"
> > > and "MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting" but neither seem to
> > > work. The only WMI class that works properly is "MSReportServer_Instance".
> > >
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > >
> > > ________________________________________________________
> > >
> > > Nuno Pereira
> > > ManagementScope scope = new
> > > ManagementScope(@."\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\v9");
> > >
> > > scope.Connect();
> > >
> > > ManagementPath path = new
> > > ManagementPath("MSReportServerReportManager_ConfigurationSetting");
> > > ObjectGetOptions options = new ObjectGetOptions();
> > > ManagementClass serverClass = new ManagementClass(scope, path, options);
> > >
> > > serverClass.Get(); // throws a "Not Found" error...
> > > ________________________________________________________________
> > >
> > >
> > >|||For those of you who are still looking for the answer. The namespace in sql server 2005 is: "\\localhost\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\v9\Admin" while the class for report manager instance is: "MSReportManager_ConfigurationSetting". For more details please refer to: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms153571.aspx
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2006_2_0_0_693931/Reporting-Services-2005-WMI-documentation-inccorect.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment