Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 xml datasource

Hi, i'm having problems with last version of reporting services. i've been trying to create a new datasource whose type was XML, this is posible in this version, but i can't create a report using this datasource, the following message appears :
"A connection cannot be made to the database. Set and check the connection string." .I don't know how to do it, i don't know if i have to set a special connection string or any special condition.
So if someone could know how i can create this type of datasource, please send me a reply.

thanksThe connection string is the URL to the XML document (or SOAP endpoint). Which are you trying to use?|||I am receiving the same error myself, except I'm using a SQL server data source.

When I create the SQL Server Data Source, I put in the credentials, etc. and do a "Test" and receive a successful test message. When I then try and use the shared data source in a report, I receive the above error.

I ran a sniffer on my machine, and found that it was making no attempt to contact the SQL server (no network traffic) when it gave this error.|||Can you post your connection string and query?|||This happens with multiple Datasources (I've tried Native SQL, OLEDB, and ODBC so far).

I've never been able to actually get to the point of entering a query.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RptDataSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<Name>AltirisCentral</Name>
<DataSourceID>b777bfc6-cb4a-4d4b-8d07-47714739abfe</DataSourceID>
<ConnectionProperties>
<Extension>SQL</Extension>
<ConnectString>Data Source=oakdbs03;Initial Catalog=AltirisCentralNew</ConnectString>
</ConnectionProperties>
</RptDataSource>|||Alright this has been out there for a long time, and no responses...anyone been able to fix this?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment