Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 report in Outlook 2007

I have a Reporting Services 2005 report that is emailed to users. I
created/formatted the report based on how it looked in Outlook 2003 which
all of our users had at that time. The report is wide, but just fit in the
email window when it was full size. Now I have a user who has been
converted to Outlook 2007 and he emailed me a copy of the report he received
in Outlook 2007 and it looks like it reduced the column sizes; it does not
fill the entire email window and wraps the wording on most lines because the
column sizes have been reduced.
The report is:
Delivered by: Report Server E-mail
Include Report is checked
Render Format is Web archive
Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance.
--
DJansonOn Feb 9, 12:50 pm, DJanson <DJan...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a Reporting Services 2005 report that is emailed to users. I
> created/formatted the report based on how it looked in Outlook 2003 which
> all of our users had at that time. The report is wide, but just fit in theemailwindow when it was full size. Now I have a user who has been
> converted to Outlook 2007 and he emailed me a copy of the report he received
> in Outlook 2007 and it looks like it reduced thecolumnsizes; it does not
> fill the entireemailwindow and wraps the wording on most lines because thecolumnsizes have been reduced.
> The report is:
> Delivered by: Report ServerE-mail
> Include Report is checked
> Render Format isWebarchive
> Any ideas on how I can fix this?
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> DJanson
I am having the same issue, but I do not have a solution.|||On Mar 15, 1:13 am, mjcarrab...@.gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 9, 12:50 pm, DJanson <DJan...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>
> > I have a Reporting Services 2005 report that is emailed to users. I
> > created/formatted the report based on how it looked inOutlook2003 which
> > all of our users had at that time. The report is wide, but just fit in theemailwindow when it was full size. Now I have a user who has been
> > converted toOutlook2007 and he emailed me a copy of the report he received
> > inOutlook2007 and it looks like it reduced thecolumnsizes; it does not
> > fill the entireemailwindow and wraps the wording on most lines because thecolumnsizes have been reduced.
> > The report is:
> > Delivered by: Report ServerE-mail
> > Include Report is checked
> > Render Format isWebarchive
> > Any ideas on how I can fix this?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > DJanson
> I am having the same issue, but I do not have a solution.- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
Does anyone have a fix for this? My report is squished to one narrow
column in Outlook 2007, but renders fine when viewed in Outlook 2003.
Thanks.
-Joe|||I have the same problem is driving me mad. I have a half fix by adding
a long transparent gif image into the report. This makes the table
bigger. Bear in mind that the actual image file needs to be the right
size, you can't just resize it in Visual Studio.
Problem is that if the report runs to 2 pages the second page gets
squished again because the image is at the top :(
Please help!|||Apparently, us five are not the only ones having this issue. Someone reported
it to MS Feedback. Microsoft's typical response: "We are currently
investigating this issue." and the item is marked as "Closed".
How does Microsoft re-define "Closed" to mean they are currently looking
into the issue? They must have some GREAT pull with the folks over at
Wikipedia!
--
Todd C

No comments:

Post a Comment