Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services Addin - Set Server Defaults Error

Hey All,

I installed Reporting Services Add-in with no problems on a Virtual server that already hosts MOSS 2007 and configured everything that was stated in documentation. The Report server Url works fine..like http://myserver1:802/ReportServer and I can see the contents when I type this url.

However, when I go to Central Administration and click on "Set Server Defaults"...I am getting a "401.1 Unauthorized..." error.I setup the Manage Integration to TrustedAccount and the Grant DatabaseAccess to the account that is the Server.Farm and local administrator.

In the Reporting Services Configuration, I used SSRSWebAccount for WebService and SSRSWindowsAccount for WindowsService and the RSAppPool which is the ApplicationPool for ReportingServices Web Site uses the SSRSWindowsAccount only.

Anybody..please help.

Thanks,

Vedala

I resolved my problem by installing SQL Server 2005 SP2. All along I assumed my virtual machine had SQL Server 2005 SP2, but after looking closely, I found that my version was 9.0.3033 and not 9.0.3042 which is official SP2 release version. I grabbed that and reinstalled it on my image and everything started working.

I however did couple of other steps too...which I did not go back and undo and test..so at this point I am not really sure if only the above was the problem or something else.,,, I will update this post with the blog entry about my issue later.

Thanks,

Vedala

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment