Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services and Directory Browsing?

If I use the URL 'http://my.rportingserver.com/ReportServer', I am presented
with a list of the directory contents, as if Directory Browsing were turned
on for the directory in IIS. At the bottom of the directory listing, is an
indication that this is a Reporting Services function:
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.1314.00
Needless to say, Directory Browsing is turned off in InetMgr. What controls
this directory listing, and can it be turned off ?
Thanks !Report manager is the front for RS. So you will see a listing inspite of
turning off directory browsing. Basically to access all the reports it is
provided if you dont want the listing to be displayed, then remove the access
rights "Read" (I think it is browse) from the configuration.
Amarnath
"RJ" wrote:
> If I use the URL 'http://my.rportingserver.com/ReportServer', I am presented
> with a list of the directory contents, as if Directory Browsing were turned
> on for the directory in IIS. At the bottom of the directory listing, is an
> indication that this is a Reporting Services function:
> Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.1314.00
> Needless to say, Directory Browsing is turned off in InetMgr. What controls
> this directory listing, and can it be turned off ?
> Thanks !

No comments:

Post a Comment