Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 and XML DataSource (as WebService)

I'm trying to build WebService to use result as DataSource for RS 2005 (XML DataSource).

But I have a strange problem.

I have WebMethod with parameters.

When I'm testing my WS in browser then everything works just fine.

But... When I'm trying to call this web-service from VS2005 environment then something strange happens.

Looks like VS passing parameters incorrectly to my WS (not passing at all!)

I've created very simplyfied version just to check parameters:

using System.Xml;
using System.Xml.Serialization;
using System.Messaging;
using System.Text;
using System;
using System.Web.Services;
[WebService(Namespace = "http://company.org/")]
[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
public class GetRemoteData : System.Web.Services.WebService
{
[WebMethod]
public XmlElement GetData(string CompanyName, string FunctionName, string ParameterList)
{
XmlDocument xmlDocument = new XmlDocument();
XmlElement xmlElement1;
xmlElement1 = xmlDocument.CreateElement("parameters", "values", "urn:errors");
xmlElement1.InnerText = String.Format("{0}, {1}, {2}", CompanyName, FunctionName, ParameterList);
return xmlElement1;
}
}

In the browser WS returns all passed parameters back correctly. VS - not.

What's wrong with my code? Why MSDN example works fine?
Do I need to specify some undocumented (soap specific) attributes?

Where I can find full tutorials how to create RS-compatible web-service?

(Sorry for cross-posting but I have no single reply...)

Hmmm...

I don't understand... Is it so hard? Nobody is using WebService as datasource for RS?

May be I've found some "global unfixable" issue is RS?

I'm checked "address" in my browser server times, but "microsoft" and "MSDN" still are here...

|||

So...?

I've tested different scenarious, but result always is same. RS (only RS!) doesn't passes parameters to my webservice or passing them incorrectly.

How to build RS2005-compatible WebService? I Have non-standard data source and need to show results as RS report.

Very funny result I've got then tried to create WebMethod which returns DataSet! In RS I've got scructure without data instead of data.

Why standard methods from ReportingService2005.asmx (ListChildren, for instance) returns values as "out" parameters?

|||

Dude,
Did you find a solution to this problem?

I fell into this issue for a project I'm developping... but what's weirdest is that I have another project which I developped last year, where I'm using web services with parameters and it works fine.... and I try to find the difference between the 2 of them but I just cannot find it ....

By now, I just know that it the one is working I'm using Kerberos delgation.... besides that, I think everything is the same...

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment