Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting services and access

Hi There,

I am hoping this is an easy answer as I am not too familiar with reporting services. We have a report in reporting services and we need to give full user access to a couple of peoplefor just the one report and nothing else(the usual care taker is on holidays). I have looked all around at the security links and only see the administrators setup there, however I know that there has been access setup for other individual users, for the purposes of just running the report. can you please let me know how to go about this?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hi,

navigate to the properties of the Report > Security. Assign all users which should have access to the report to the Report Browser group. Thats all.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||

All I see when I navigate to the properties page of the report is the below and just above it is an Edit Item security button. I don't see any way to add users. Could it be my permissions?:

BUILTIN\Administrators

Content Manager

davidn

Browser

eddieb

Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher

leew

Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher

Thanks,

Rhonda

|||

Ok, I do have only a german version here, so I can not translate this 1:1. There is a button on the pane above the settings you pasted, something like Change Security > New Role Assignment > Put in the Domain user / Group name with the syntax Domain\UsernameOrGroupName, check the Browser checkbox. > Done.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment