Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 Error Creating Report Server Virtual Directory

Hi all,
I have SQL 2005 and WIndows 2003 Server, I am an adminsitrator and have
installed SQL 2005 Reporting Services. However when I got to configure
the reporting services the following happens
When creating a new report server virtual directory on our server, (I
am installing to the default web site and the default virtual directory
name 'ReportServer'.)
1) It creates the virtual directory and says The virtual directory was
created and assigned
2) this is followed by a green tick next to 'Change Secure Connection
Level'
3) This is immediatly followed by a message coming up stating
'ReportServicesConfigUI has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.'.
I cant help feeling that it hasnt finished this correctly as the
'Report Manager Virtual Directory' section is still greyed out and I
cannot enter it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TomHi,
This sounds like a permission error. In addition, what version of Windows
2003 are you running?
Have you checked the Event Log? If so, what other possible errors do you see?
Thanks,
Phillip
"tom@.isolditonline.co.uk" wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have SQL 2005 and WIndows 2003 Server, I am an adminsitrator and have
> installed SQL 2005 Reporting Services. However when I got to configure
> the reporting services the following happens
> When creating a new report server virtual directory on our server, (I
> am installing to the default web site and the default virtual directory
> name 'ReportServer'.)
> 1) It creates the virtual directory and says The virtual directory was
> created and assigned
> 2) this is followed by a green tick next to 'Change Secure Connection
> Level'
> 3) This is immediatly followed by a message coming up stating
> 'ReportServicesConfigUI has encountered a problem and needs to close.
> We are sorry for the inconvenience.'.
> I cant help feeling that it hasnt finished this correctly as the
> 'Report Manager Virtual Directory' section is still greyed out and I
> cannot enter it.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Tom
>|||If I use IE 6 I have no problems. I can access and view parts of the date
with IE7, but the controls do not come up in the reports.
"Phillip MacPherson-Cox" <PhillipMacPhersonCox@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:1FD05115-7F89-470F-AF3E-4866154C7B53@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> This sounds like a permission error. In addition, what version of Windows
> 2003 are you running?
> Have you checked the Event Log? If so, what other possible errors do you
see?
> Thanks,
> Phillip
> "tom@.isolditonline.co.uk" wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have SQL 2005 and WIndows 2003 Server, I am an adminsitrator and have
> > installed SQL 2005 Reporting Services. However when I got to configure
> > the reporting services the following happens
> >
> > When creating a new report server virtual directory on our server, (I
> > am installing to the default web site and the default virtual directory
> > name 'ReportServer'.)
> >
> > 1) It creates the virtual directory and says The virtual directory was
> > created and assigned
> > 2) this is followed by a green tick next to 'Change Secure Connection
> > Level'
> > 3) This is immediatly followed by a message coming up stating
> > 'ReportServicesConfigUI has encountered a problem and needs to close.
> > We are sorry for the inconvenience.'.
> >
> > I cant help feeling that it hasnt finished this correctly as the
> > 'Report Manager Virtual Directory' section is still greyed out and I
> > cannot enter it.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Tom
> >
> >|||In the Event Log, I just get the following:
Source - NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event ID - 5000
EventType clr20r3, P1 rsconfigtool.exe, P2 9.0.242.0, P3 443f597d, P4
rsconfigtool, P5 9.0.242.0, P6 443f597d, P7 154, P8 5, P9
system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.
I am running on the local machine as an administrator.
The Windows 2003 Edition is Standard Edition.
Tom|||A uninstall of reporting services and re-install did the trick.
Tom
tom@.isolditonline.co.uk wrote:
> In the Event Log, I just get the following:
> Source - NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
> Event ID - 5000
> EventType clr20r3, P1 rsconfigtool.exe, P2 9.0.242.0, P3 443f597d, P4
> rsconfigtool, P5 9.0.242.0, P6 443f597d, P7 154, P8 5, P9
> system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.
> I am running on the local machine as an administrator.
> The Windows 2003 Edition is Standard Edition.
> Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment