Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 semantic query error

I recently changed my datasource in our Reporting Service Model. We changed to a quicker SQL server with disk capacity. I am able to run new reports but when I try to run old ones that were on the old datasource, I get an error. The datasource has been changed to point to the new server (datasource).

The error is: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Semantic query compilation failed: e EmptySemanticQuery The SemanticQuery does not contain any Groupings or MeasureGroups. SemanticQuery must contain at least one of these elements. (SemanticQuery ''). (rsSemanticQueryEngineError)

I will appreciate any help.

Nick

Is your data source an SSAS 2005 cube? Or did you misconfigure the model data source? Use the Report Manager to verify/reset the model data source.

|||My datasource is one of our SQL server databases. I know that the datasource is not misconfigured in the model because I am able to run new reports.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment