Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services and Analysis Services - help please - desperate!

Hi folks,
Please please can someone help, this problem has just been going on for too
long.We need to run reports off RS using AS as the data source.
Our setup is as follows
RS - on seperate web server (srvWeb)
RS DB - on seperate SQL server (srvDB)
No problem - everything has worked fine connecting directly to the databases
to extract data for the reports.
However, when I connect to Analysis services on the RS DB (srvDB) server I
get the following error
a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Get Online Help
a.. Cannot create a connection to data source 'AS_Admin'.
(rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
a.. Database 'BI_Admin' does not exist.
If I connect using localhost as the datasource name - it works 100% on my
machine but the minute I try to connect to a server (srvDB) that is not on
my machine I get the error.
We have installed Analysis Services on the web server (srvWeb) as well
because it didn't have the correct drivers but this has not helped at all -
I also registered the servers on AS (srvWeb) for what it's worth.
Does anyone please please know what I should do to get this working.
Thanks
KIf you're running RS on a Windows 2000 Server, and trying to use Stored
Windows Credentials to access a remote AS data source, this might help:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/rstshoot/htm/trs_tshootdev_v1_3dcz.asp
Troubleshooting Server and Database Problems
...
You can get an rsConnectionError error that shows a failed login for ASP.NET
when you configure a data source to use prompted or stored Windows
credentials, and the report server hosting the report runs under a domain
user account on a Windows 2000 server. When installing Reporting Services on
a Windows 2000 server, Microsoft recommends that you use the built-in account
(NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM). If you use a domain user account (even one that has
local administrator privileges), it will limit your choices on how to
configure a data source connection for a report. Specifically, you cannot use
prompted or stored Windows credentials to connect to external data sources.
...
"Kathy" wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Please please can someone help, this problem has just been going on for too
> long.We need to run reports off RS using AS as the data source.
> Our setup is as follows
> RS - on seperate web server (srvWeb)
> RS DB - on seperate SQL server (srvDB)
> No problem - everything has worked fine connecting directly to the databases
> to extract data for the reports.
> However, when I connect to Analysis services on the RS DB (srvDB) server I
> get the following error
> a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Get Online Help
> a.. Cannot create a connection to data source 'AS_Admin'.
> (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
> a.. Database 'BI_Admin' does not exist.
> If I connect using localhost as the datasource name - it works 100% on my
> machine but the minute I try to connect to a server (srvDB) that is not on
> my machine I get the error.
> We have installed Analysis Services on the web server (srvWeb) as well
> because it didn't have the correct drivers but this has not helped at all -
> I also registered the servers on AS (srvWeb) for what it's worth.
> Does anyone please please know what I should do to get this working.
> Thanks
> K
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment