Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services 2005 Metadata

Greetings,

I'm creating a new data model using Reporting Services 2005. The database has the standard generic names like 'idSystem' etc. I have created a Metadata file with user friendly names 'Control System Id', but rather than have to retype all those names and descriptions over into the [Friendly Name Property] I'd like to try to pull that information into the model.

So my question is...

Does anyone know where are the Friendly Names property is stored and can I program that field to pull from another file?

Thanks

- Will

Right click on the model in VS and select View Code. If it is set, the Friendly Name for each Entity element is an element called Name. Because you can nest Entity elements in folders, there is no set XPath you can use other than //Entity.

R

|||

Great Thanks Ron.... I'm having server issues now.. but I will try this.

Thanks again

-Will

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment